Friday, September 01, 2006

And the winner is...............ME!!!!!!

I mentioned earlier that I had entered the Wine and Spirits magazine Sommelier Challenge (http://grazzac.blogspot.com/2006/07/wine-and-spirit-magazines-sommelier.html). Well its published in this months edition (September 2006) available from all good newsagents. And the good news is that I won!!! Out of four contestants, including Alan Holmes of Chewton Glen (ex Petrus) and Allessandro Marchesan from Zuma in Knightbridge I came top, how cool is that. I could do with the good news after the shitty week this is turning out to be. Maybe I will post about that later, depending on how certain things work out.

By the way the awful mug shot was about the best that I could do at short notice. I comes from a publicity shot taken when I had just started working here. We cropped in real tight to remove the cringeworthy pose with a bottle of Opus One.

No comments: