Saturday, September 09, 2006

Truly madly Mouton!

We sold another bottle of Mouton 90 tonight. Each time I smell that wine, it casts its spell on me. There is something about Mouton that bewitches you. It's layers of aromas that come undone like a pass the parcel present, each time something different comes in. Red fruit and forest berries, old port pipe tobacco and well seasoned leather, hints of xmas spices, breakfast prunes,mulberries and so many other flavours and aromas that it is hard to isolate them. Well now I need to source some more Mouton, because there isnt enough for the Gourmet Dinner in December. I might try and see if I can get some large format bottles. That would be so cool, pouring Mouton 1990 from an Imperial. They weigh a bloody ton, but it doesnt half look the part.

No comments: