Friday, October 06, 2006

Im shattered, a bit stained and very humbled.

Its just coming up to midnight, and Ive just finished service in the Arkle for the evening. Its amazing to think that just this morning I woke up in Morey-St-Denis at a little after 7am local time, to make the fairly boring journey back to Geneva to return to "normality". I didnt really want to come back (to work anyway, I missed my wife and children of course!), but they say that all good things must come to an end, and my experience of the Vendage at Vallet freres was a very good thing. Their incredable hospitality and generousity in opening up their homes and their cellars to myself and Ed was a very humbling experience. I was quite sad last night leaving Louis Vallet's home after an unforgettable night of good food, great wine and enchanting company. They welcomed us into their lives with an openness and friendliness that touched us, and made the whole experience memorable. I cannot begin to thank them enough, but over the next few days I hope to post some of my wonderful experiences.

To Louis Snr, Bernard, "Chef" Louis, Jean-Christophe and their families I pass on my sincere thanks for your wonderful hospitality. Vous etes tres gentile.

Bernard, Louis and "Chef" Louis Vallet our generous hosts for the vendage.

No comments: