Saturday, June 24, 2006

NYE part two

Well it serves me right for getting ahead of myself, but the wines that I posted on my last post havent exactly been given the green light yet. If fact Im now on draft three (four if you count a piss-take effort), but the good news is that the wines are getting a step higher in terms of quality and appeal. I ought to have known better that the first draft wouldnt get greenlighted, but I guess I wasnt thinking straight.

So now what are we looking at? Well subject to approval we plan to start the evening off with magnums of Bollinger Grand Annee (vintage tbc). Ross rightly felt that we weren't starting the evening off with a big enough bang, and he wanted a more recognisable product that the customer could latch on to. The meursault and eden valley riesling have remained on the list so far, so I cant really see them changing much. For the main course I'm planning on a rather special wine - Mouton Rothschild 1994 in Double magnums. This is obviously subject to us laying our hands on sufficient numbers of bottles to actually do it, but what a stonking selection for the main course eh? For the cheese we are looking a putting in a Larrivet Haut-Brion Blanc 1995. Then for pudding an Imperial of Chateau Guiraud sauternes. Ross is currently contemplating the costings and we will have a few tweakings here and there to reach the final agreement, but I think we are close.

No comments: